We are Kenya's premier provider of technology solutions to schools in Kenya. Our flagship product is called Sematime – an award-winning bulk SMS solution that lets schools send exam results, fee balances, and general-purpose communication to parents through text messages. We are offering our products and services to 2500+ organizations based in Kenya and abroad since 2011.
We are always looking for smart people to join our team and be part of defining our history and now we want you to fill the position for technical sales personnel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Young and energetic female or male.
- At least 2 years experience in a software sales or Technical support position.
"Technical Person". We want someone who knows his/her way around a computer. You do not need to be a programmer, but you should be an above average computer user.
- At least a degree in Business and IT related field.
- MUST have a laptop.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Self discipline - since this position involves being out of office most of the time, we want to know that we can trust you to work and not attend to personal matters during working hours.
- Work Monday to Friday 8.00AM to 5.00PM.
- Understanding customers' diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs.
- Ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employer’s systems and processes, and then documenting them.
- Identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls.
- Cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings.
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently.
- Marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits
- Generous stock options
- Monthly office party - check out our gallery
- Frequent out-of-town retreats and team building weekends
To apply for the job, please send your cover letter and resume to hr[at]sematime.com by 11th March 2015.
This job will pay a base salary/retainer + commission